Geeky Summer Cocktails
Summer has arrived and what better way to enjoy the hot afternoons than with a cold, refreshing (and nerdy) cocktail. All of the drink recipes were inspired by some of my own geek loves and incorporate light, fresh flavors that are perfect for summer. So grab your boston shaker, a bag of ice and let’s make some geek girl cocktails.
*This post was originally posted and written for Geek Girl Brunch
The Light Cycle
Better than driving along the circuit freeway.
This beverage was originally created by Atlanta’s Battle and Brew, back during the time they made saketinis (cocktails created using sake.)
- 1 oz jumai sake
- 1 ½ oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 oz blue caruso
- 1 oz agave nectar
- lemon lime soda
- 1 cup of ice
- Combine sake, lime juice, blue caruso, agave nectar and ice in a shaker and mix until cold.
- Pour into old-fashioned glass.
- Top with lemon lime soda, stir slightly and garnish with lime wedge.
Power, wisdom, & courage on ice.
- 1 ½ oz white rum
- 1 ½ oz simple syrup
- ½ oz lime juice (fresh is always better)
- 1 cup mango juice (or to taste)
- 1 cup ice
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker and mix until cold.
- Pour into an old-fashioned glass and garnish with lime peel.
Moon tiara cocktail action!
- ¼ cup cranberry juice
- 2 raspberries (per cup)
- splash of lemon juice
- ½ cup ice
- sparkling wine (I used Espiral, a Portuguese wine)
- Combine cranberry, lemon juice, and ice in a shaker and shake until cold.
- Drop two raspberries into each chilled champagne flute and strain mixture into glass.
- Fill with sparkling wine (serves two.)
- Eat wine infused raspberries when you finish the beverage.
Don’t even blink.
- 1 1/z oz sweet vermouth
- 1 oz rum
- splash of aromatic bitters
- 1 cup sparkling apple cider
- ½ cup ice
- Combine all ingredients in shaker and mix until cold.
- Strain into chilled martini glass.
The House Cup
Gryffindor wins again!
- 1 ½ oz honey whiskey ( I used Wild Turkey Honey Whiskey)
- pumpkin beer
- Fill beer mug ¾ with ice.
- Fill mug 1/2 with sprite.
- Add honey whiskey and top with beer.
- Stir and sip.
An evening and drink to remember...
- ½ cup cranberry juice
- 1 ½ oz vodka
- splash or 2 of aromatic bitters
- a few drops of red food dye
- ¾ cup cherry soda (like Dr. Pepper or Cheerwine)
- Fill a highball glass ¾ with ice and combine all ingredients.
- Stir, sip, and enjoy.
*Try adding muddled mint leaves for a slightly different flavor